Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Week 10 EOC: Promotion Without Discounting


I’m going to be promoting my restaurant by offering coupons and discounts!

Nah, I’m kidding. I was already hoping that the uniqueness of my restaurant would offer the experience to the customers that I am trying to give them. It is at least unique to the local area since Las Vegas is lacking a place to go out to enjoy a vegan meal. I have preached before about how I don’t want people believing that my vegan bar and restaurant is only for people who live a vegan lifestyle. My restaurant caters towards absolutely everyone, and if it is okay to say, I would prefer people who are NOT vegan to eat at my restaurant. That is the entire purpose of it: to promote the idea of veganism. So if someone was to come in and had no idea what the concept of veganism was, they would get a vegan experience by merely ordering something from the menu. The place would show that you don’t have to include animal products to enjoy a meal out or even at home (since maybe the restaurant could inspire some folks into attempting a vegan meal at home). That is also where the idea of offering a menu with dishes that traditionally have animal products in them, are given a vegan spin comes from.

So since veganism is such a foreign idea to Las Vegas, when a customer is engaging in a vegan act just by eating something should already be an experience itself. To up the ante for the experience, that is where the bar comes in. Serving alcohol can be for anyone (unless they are underage of course) regardless of what type of diet they live by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment